Children’s Contact Service
The Children’s Contact Service is an independent service that aims to minimize a child’s exposure to conflictual situations by assisting separated parents with contact arrangements.
What clients can expect from the service:
- A child-friendly environment
- A safe place for changeovers and supervised visits for children of separated parents
- Provides a safe, neutral and child focused environment for supervised visits/changeovers
- Promotes positive interaction between children and their parents
- Supports the strengthening of relationships between children and their parents
- The staff understand the difficulties that are often experienced during and after separation
About Agency: Berry Street is Victoria’s largest independent child and family services organisation working with children, young people and families to recover from the devastating effects of violence, abuse and neglect.
Cost: Supervised Contact – With concession (Health Care Card) $5.00, Without concession $10.00
Cost: Changeover – With concession (Health Care Card) $3.00, Without concession $5.00
Client Type: Child (0-8 years), Middle Years (6-12 years), Youth (10-25 years), Parents and Carers
Service Hours: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Supervised contacts/changeover: Saturday & Sunday 9.30am-5.30pm. Weekday contact may also be provided.